Sunday, February 6, 2011

What we eat(Rotation Diet)

I've had quite a number of people asking me what we eat everyday, mainly for breakfast.  I'm sorry I'm just posting this now so late.  I'm making some drastic changes though so in a few weeks this may not even apply anymore.   DD and I are going to do GAPS.  See link if interested.

gapsdiet.com

Anyway, here are things we eat for breakfast on rotation: I'm not specifying what days we actually eat them.

Breakfast ideas:
Muffins made from nut butter or nut flours
Pancakes made from nut butter or nut flours
Fruit with malanga butter*
Fruit peanut butter or cashew butter
Chestnut flour muffins *I'm still experimenting with other recipes
Coconut pancakes
Coconut bread
Coconut muffins/cupcakes
Coconut yogurt (homemade)
Turkey bacon
Sunny Side up eggs/scrambled eggs
Poached eggs
Avocado or avocado with eggs or with turkey bacon
Malanga cookies (they're healthy) that I baked
Yam cookies

Occasionally:

Homemade hash browns
Sweet potato hashbrowns

Keep in mind that I mainly bake/cook sugar-free on top of everything else. If I think of something else I'll post :).  I hope this helps some of you.

*I purchased malanga butter, malanga flour and yam flour from Specialty Foods.  They don't have a website, just a phone number you call and they will send you a very detailed catalog of all the tuber flours they sell.  They sell baked goods, imitation nut butters, specialty oils, lipbalms and lotions that can be made according to your allergies.  They are all pricey items but worth it if you have plenty of allergies.

No comments:

Post a Comment