Sunday, February 6, 2011

SuperBowl Sunday Beef Stew!


I love cold weather because I love soups and stews :).  Here's another hearty yet easy recipe.  It was just succulent and a perfect healthy meal for Superbowl Sunday!

*Ingredients:

Any cut of beef, preferably with bones, preferably grass-fed (this one is organic), this was a large cut.
1 tbsp ground pepper
1 tbsp sea salt
A cup of roughly chopped carrots
A cup of roughly chopped
a cup of Bok Choy
1/2 red onion(or white or whatever you have)
A few pieces of diced garlic
1/2 cup of chopped celery
Enough water to cover the entire thing

Put the meat to cook with the garlic, onion and celery. Cover the whole thing with water.  Set to cook in low.  In the morning when I woke up, I added the vegetables and let it cook for another hour or so, til they're tender.

Voila! Easy meal!

*I don't measure except when baking, sorry! I just love, love, love to eyeball!

If you have leftovers and you're tired of this meal, shred the beef and make it into Vaca Frita!  I'll post a photo and a recipe for that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment