Sunday, January 9, 2011

Coconut chicken curry

I love coconut anything.  This is a simple and hearty recipe and I hope you enjoy it!

This picture was in the process of the whole thing cooking.



Note: I don't like to use chicken filets, I prefer meat that has bones, it adds to the flavor

Ingredients:

Chicken thighs, legs, etc.  Whatever parts you can find inexpensive. I buy organic.
A whole lot of curry Powder (I use McCormick)
Half an onion
a few diced potatoes, no skin
a bunch of carrots, roughly chopped
A couple of bayleaves
Water (I didn't measure, I never do!)
1 can of coconut milk (I don't use light so I'm not sure how that would render itself)

Sautee spices and then add the chicken, water, and everything else.  Boil until meat is tender!  Serve over boiled plantains or eat by itself.

2 comments:

  1. How spicy is this curry? My DH & I love curry, but we haven’t tried it with my son yet. This would be good in the slow cooker. Like you I only measure for baking.
    Allergy Mum - http://allergymum.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, thanks for visiting my blog. Actually I didn't make it spicy at all. Well I love spicy but I toned it down for the rest of the family so I can't tell you for sure. Yes it would work in the slow cooker too, I've tried that :).

    ReplyDelete