Monday, January 9, 2012


I thought I would post something not food-related.   Well sort of. It happened at a restaurant.   We were at this little Indian restaurant yesterday during lunch.  As usual they had a Bollywood movie showing on the big screen TV on the wall.  I love Bollywood!   Anyway, the guys were hot and the girls were all very pretty in their colorful and bright sarongs.  There was a time when I even tried one on, trying hard to be Indian LOL.  I saw the price tag and quickly took the sarong off. 

In the movie two guys were talking. One man was giving advice to another guy who was going through relationship problems.  He seemed sad and desperate for help.  The man told him that women are like buses. I snorted.  He said "women are like buses, when one passes by, another one is sure to come by."   The sad man just stared at him and shrugged his shoulders, then shook his head indicating that this lady friend of his was "no regular bus and no other bus will come by to replace her."    The man giving advice continued : "more buses will pass by you but only one can take you home.  You must never miss that bus."   At that, the man seeking wisdom looked down, knowing that he has "missed the bus" and must figure out a way to find that bus again.

I don't know why I'm sharing this but I just thought that perhaps someone will benefit from this. It's so true!  I was touched, though it sounded corny and sappy, by the truth of that advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment