Saturday, June 11, 2011

Bone broth anyone?

Gut-healing broth

I can honestly say that I am now addicted to bone broth ever since starting on the GAPS diet.  My day feels like something is missing if I don't have any.  Thankfully my daughter feels the same and that makes me very happy!  When we first started on GAPS, she refused to touch broth at all.  Now she welcomes it everyday and I'm glad because I know it's been instrumental to our healing.

We are currently on stage 4 of GAPS now (can I hear a woot!?).  We started in March and I've decided that I will not rush things through. I think we'll stay on stage 4 for a few more months.

Anyway, back to the broth.  Simple and nourishing and a must have for every meal.

For this one pictured, I used grass-fed beef bones (I'm not sure what kind, it had a lot of marrow).

Water, sea salt, pepper, onions, garlic, a dash of apple cider vinegar.  Just throw them all in there. Simmer for 2 hours.

After the broth cools, I normally put them in zip-lock bag and then freeze them.  I use them for dishes or just drink them plain with our meals, or add egg or other veggies to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment