Sunday, December 18, 2011

 Snickerdoodles




I wanted to make it paleo but I didn't have coconut sugar or date sugar at home. So I just used organic cane sugar, just this time. 

This was based on Jamie Oliver's recipe with a little exception.  I don't like stuff that's overly sweet so I used less sugar.  I also made it dairy-free.

3/4 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup organic cane sugar
1/2 tsp. gluten-free vanilla
a dash of sea salt
4 eggs
1/2 cup Spectrum Shortening

Sugar/cinnamon for rolling the cookies:

1 tbsp sugar
Some cinnamon, I didn't measure

Mix eggs, vanilla, sugar, eggs and Spectrum shortening.  Add the coconut flour and make sure to remove all lumps.  Mix well. Set aside for 5 minutes.  Meanwhile, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.  Make dough into small balls, roll in sugar/cinnamon mixture, and flatten on the baking sheet.  Bake at 375 degrees F for 15 minutes.  Enjoy!  They're so delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment